Stay hungry, stay foolish
- Be curious about everything, experiment with a maximum of things.
- Learn the subjects that interest you.
- Don’t be afraid of something because you don’t understand it. Cherish the unknown.
- Get to know the rules, so you can better work your way around them.
- Read books, they are pure condensed knowledge.
Know your priorities
- Optimize your time, it can’t be wasted.
- Say no to activities that won’t advance you and aren’t fun.
- Don’t waste precious time on tasks that can be avoided.
- If you have free time, always be thinking ‘what could I do right now?’
Work hard, work smart
- This one is no secret. To achieve meaningful things, you have to work your ass off. A few hours a day is the minimum.
- People that are doing it, are doing it. People that are talking about it, are talking about it.
- Put notifications on hold and just work.
- Take breaks when you’re stuck.
- Don’t think too much, build instead.
- It may take years before you reach your goal.
- If you’re consistent and really go for it, you’ll win.
- You can only connect the dots looking backward, not forward.
- You will fail and feel like quitting. Learn from your mistakes, get back the fuck up and try again.
Don’t forget others
- Don’t hesitate to ask help. Everybody needs it at some point.
- In the same way, help people when you can.
- Don’t be an asshole, you’ll be rewarded for being nice.
- Be humble
- Learn to enjoy the ups and the downs, it’s part of the game.
- Because you work hard doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy what life has to offers. Set aside a few hours a day to do really what you want; that is seing friends, going to parties, watching shows and movies, …
Hey! I’m 18, launched Lyser.io (a startup studio) and countless side-projects while consulting and going through engineering studies.
I wrote this small list, mainly for myself to remember the good attitude :)